Now class, let's sit down and face forward...
As summer comes to an end and back-to-school season begins, it can be hard to get back into a regular schedule — both for kids and adults. We have tapped the resources from the world wide web and came up with these five easy steps for getting the school year off to a great start.
Here they are...
1. School Year Priorities - Figure out the ground rules for after-school activities, chores, homework, television and personal device use. By discussing priorities early, you can set a schedule and avoid confrontations later on.
2. Bedtime - Start a routine where children are going to bed earlier, especially if they have been staying up later over the summer holiday.
3. School Supplies - Check to see what supplies you still have available from last year. Check the dollar store for bargains or take advantage of back-to-school sales. Use a checklist to avoid duplication.
4. Homework - Set up a well-lit, quiet place with a good work surface. Encourage a regular homework time and discourage distractions.
5. Learning at Home - Have kids read package labels and weigh produce during grocery shopping trips. Reading to your child for just 20 minutes a day can amount to more than 1,420 hours by age 12.
Shop School Supplies at: